Rules & Regulations
It is expected that each Member, Non-member and/or employee of the New Holland Recreation Center (NHRC) recognize the role of modeling acceptable social behavior and contributing to a positive community. All are expected to adhere to the policies and procedures approved for NHRC. The use of any inappropriate language, gestures, or actions in communication with patrons or staff of NHRC will result in the immediate suspension of NHRC privileges.
NHRC GENERAL FACILITY POLICIES:
1. All NHRC patrons must present a valid ID for entry into the NHRC during recreation hours.
2. No food, drink, or gum products are permitted in the facility except in the multipurpose rooms and in the Game Room. Water in a closed, plastic container is permitted.
3. Children under the age of 10 may not use the NHRC facilities without adult parent, guardian or other adult supervision. Children ages 10-12 may have limited use of the NHRC facilities as specified in the policies for specific areas and/or noted for special events.
4. Proper athletic attire must be worn in the NHRC facilities and when participating in recreational activities:
a. Proper athletic shoes and clothing are required for all areas of the facility. Wear non-marking shoes in all activity areas.
b. Swim suits must be worn in the pool. No cut-offs or clothes in the pool.
5. Entry and exit of the NHRC must always be through the designated main entrance and exit. Individuals entering/exiting through non-designated doors are subject to disciplinary action.
6. No alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs may be consumed prior to or while using the facility.
7. Bicycles, roller-skates, roller blades, roller shoes and skateboards are prohibited in NHRC.
8. Pets, other than guide animals, are prohibited in NHRC.
9. Headphones are required for personal stereos.
10. Facilities may be closed and/or reservations canceled when warranted (i.e. special events, maintenance projects, and inclement weather).
11. Specific policies and room regulations are posted on site and are required to be observed. Verbal instructions from facility staff are for the safety and comfort of all NHRC patrons and are to be strictly adhered to.
12. Use of the NHRC facilities is a privilege, and participants are expected to be exhibit proper conduct and respect the rights of others. Individuals who engage in unacceptable, unsafe or irresponsible behavior may have their access to facilities revoked, modified and/or subject to further disciplinary action.
13. Individual patrons shall utilize all NHRC facilities and participate in any and all activities at their own risk.
14. NHRC is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
1. Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult unless identified for the NHRC pool “Tweeners” program. An adult is defined as someone over the age of 18. A valid ID is required for proof of age.
2. Proper swimwear is required.
3. Please shower before entering the pool.
4. Lifeguards are present for your safety and must be obeyed at all times.
5. No talking to lifeguards on duty.
6. Guards determine the use of toys, floats, etc. based on facility use and other potential hazards.
7. Lap lanes are reserved for lap swimmers only.
8. Kick boards and leg floats are for use by lap swimmers only.
9. No hanging or holding onto the lane lines.
10. The height requirement for riding the slide is 48 inches.
11. Children must slide the slide feet first face up, not on their knees or stomach.
12. Outside food or drinks are not allowed in the pool area, except for water in a re-sealable plastic container.
13. Protective undergarments (little swimmers) must be used by all children who would normally wear diapers.
14. Watertight swim diapers are required for incontinent individuals.
15. Smoking, tobacco, and alcohol are prohibited.
16. No running, diving and horseplay are permitted.
17. Any activity deemed unsafe or not in the best interest of our patrons, is not permitted.
18. It is prohibited for any non-staff persons to conduct or solicit personal training at the NHRC facility. Violators will be subject to membership pass cancellation without refunds. Personal training is a service offered exclusively by the NHRC. All personal trainers are certified, experienced and under contract by NHRC. This includes teaching swimming, water fitness, or personal training in the pool.
18. It is the responsibility of all NHRC patrons and guests to comply with all rules set forth by the NHRC. Any violation of the rules and policies may result in suspension of recreation privileges.
STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING AREAS:
1. Proper athletic shoes and clothing are required. Jeans and jean shorts are not permitted as they may tear equipment upholstery. Boots and opened toed shoes (including sandals and croks) are also prohibited. Shirts or appropriate tops must be worn at all times and should cover all areas of skin which come in contact with the equipment.
2. No food, gum or tobacco products allowed. Water or sports drinks will be permitted in closed plastic containers only.
3. All dumbbells and free weights must be returned to their original and proper racks immediately after use. Weights are not allowed outside the weight room or other training areas containing weights.
4. Weights are not to be leaned against walls, mirrors or equipment.
5. Collars are mandatory on all plate-loaded free-weight lifts.
6. Spotters are required on all heavy lifts; a staff member will spot anyone in need of a spotter.
7. Screaming or use of offensive language will not be tolerated.
8. Chalk is not permitted in the weight room.
9. Weight belts are not to be used on selectorized weight machines.
10. Cardiovascular machines are on a first come first served basis. When there is a wait, patrons must observe a thirty-minute time limit.
11. All cardiovascular machines are to be wiped down after use. Patrons who sweat heavily are encouraged to carry a towel and wipe down all machines after use. Each user should have a towel at all times while in the fitness area.
12. Personal belongings are not permitted in any of the workout areas in the fitness area. All bags, books, jackets etc. are to be placed in the locker room lockers or in cubbies provided in the fitness areas.
13. Patrons should report any injuries or facility/equipment irregularity to the staff on duty.
14. No equipment shall be removed from the fitness area at any time for any reason.
15. Intentional misuse of equipment and facility may result in loss of facility privileges.
16. It is prohibited for any non-staff persons to conduct or solicit personal training at the NHRC facility. Violators will be subject to membership pass cancellation without refunds. Personal training is a service offered exclusively by the NHRC. All personal trainers are certified, experienced and under contract by NHRC.
17. No one under the age of thirteen will be admitted to the fitness area (containing strength and conditioning equipment). Young people aged 13 to 15 are required to have a fitness orientation prior to being permitted in the fitness area. Young people under the age of 13 may be supervised and accompanied by an NHRC Personal Training staff member during a personal training session.
No strollers permitted in the track area. No one younger than 10 permitted in the track area without supervision- Directions on the track will change periodically. Spitting prohibited!
Personal audio equipment may only be worn with headphones; guest must bring in personal headphones. Please limit all cardio use to 30 minutes during busy times. Allow others to work in on weight equipment and be courteous of those waiting during peak times. No food or glass containers allowed in the fitness area. Please replace all dumbbells and plates on the appropriate racks when finished. Please wipe perspiration off equipment after use. Please show respect for equipment, facilities, personnel and guests at all times. Do not drop or throw weights. Follow all instructions regarding the proper use of equipment.
Employment Availabilities at NHRC:
Lifeguards- Must be mature and willing to enforce safety rules. A strong work ethic is required. Flexible hours- days, evenings, weekends Current Certification required in both Lifeguarding and CPR/AED/PR , Experience Preferred, Fill out an application online or pickup an application at the NHRC.
Current hiring status- Hiring for summer 2013. Imediate opening for 5am Lifeguard shift.
Water Safety Instructor-(Swim Lesson Instructor) Current certification required, American Red Cross or equivalent. We are looking for mature, friendly, out-going instructors with a strong work ethic. Flexible schedule- mornings, evenings, Saturday mornings. Fill out an application online or pickup an application at the NHRC.
Current hiring status- Open, hiring American Red Cross certified Water Safety Instructors for summer 2013- previous applicants need not apply.
Certified Aquatic Fitness Instructor
AEA certification preferred, will consider other certifications. Experience teaching low, moderate and advanced classes required. Arthritis certification and a fitness background a plus. Strong references required. Fill out an application online or pickup an application at the NHRC.
Current hiring status: Open
The Maintenance Department is looking for a person(s) who must have a flexible schedule who are looking for part time work. The shifts available are day shift (afternoons) and/or night shift including holidays and weekends as required.
- This position will consist of mostly janitorial needs which include set ups and tear downs of activities.
- This person must be able to lift 50 lbs without help and has great attention to detail.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and be able to multi-task.
- Experience is a plus.
Starting wage $9.00 -